Today’s Republican Senate majority is the first in American history to refuse to consider any Supreme Court nominee the President puts before them. They should do their job.
Learn more about this historic obstruction and get the facts about the President’s nominee:
- Meet the Nominee: Get the facts about Chief Judge Garland, the President’s Supreme Court nominee.
- Historic Obstruction: Republicans have chosen to play politics rather than to do their jobs and fulfill their most basic constitutional responsibilities. This is an unprecedented act of obstruction.
- Why We Need Nine: Without nine justices, the Supreme Court could be operating in a diminished state for the better part of two terms. Read more about the importance of restoring the Supreme Court to nine justices.
- Support for the Nominee:
- Editorial Boards Urge the Senate to Act: Check out a collection of over 635 editorials in all 50 states and DC that urge the Senate to hold a hearing and vote on Chief Judge Garland’s nomination.
- Elected Officials & Judges Voice Support for the Chief Judge Garland: Chief Judge Garland has earned the praise of elected officials and judges across the political spectrum. Read what others are saying about his qualifications.
- Grassroots Support for the Nominee: Read about the impact of grassroots activity across the country over the March Senate recess to pressure Senate Republicans to do their jobs.